South Australia is a varied and beautiful State. Rugged coast along the Bight, such as this view, with extraordinary caving options for those so inclined; Adelaide, the charming City of Spires (and conventions!); and the red-dirt country up to the border with the Territory...
Adelaide Restaurants City website
The Red Ochre Specialising in "Wild Food". With stunning city skyline and river view - absolute water frontage and a pristine parkland setting ensure a unique world class dining experience.
Bangkok (Thai) - City Centre
Jasmine (Indian) Hindmarsh Square - City Centre
Gouger Fish Cafe (seafood) - City Centre
Quiet Waters Lebanese (also vegetarian) - City Centre
Enoteca Cucina (The Italian Club - probably need to book...) - City Centre
BAROSSA VALLEY website
The Barossa is Australia's largest single wine processing region. Wineries welcome visitors to the region to taste the wines, share the pleasures of winemaking and the knowledge and appreciation of wine.
Grand ‘Old World’ buildings, intimate personal cellar doors, picnic facilities, historical buildings and friendly staff are all part of this charming region.
Don't forget Maggie Beer produce!
Fleurieu Peninsular website
- The Onkaparinga River National Park, the Lofties, the sheer beuaty of the Southern Ocean, steep cliffs, rich, undulating plains and wetland lagoons - the Flerieu Peninsula has everything!
- Water activities range from sea-kyaking, snorkelling, scuba diving and surfing to fishing (from beaches, bays and boats!), boating on inland waterways
- National and Conservation Parks: Granite Island NP, Deep Creek CP, Onkapringa River NP, Coorong NP, Newland Head CP, Scott Creek CP
- Walking trails - famous Heysen Trail in the South with wildlife, gorges and waterfalls; Willunga Walks; Onkaparinga NP Wetland Walk; Cox Scrub trails; Currency Creek and Deep Creek Waterfall Hikes
- Wine - McLaren Vale Over 65 cellar doors; famous for Shiraz, Grenache blends, sangiovese, semillon and chenin blanc
- Encounter Bay/Victor Harbor: Penguin Parade at Penguin Island; sub-marine aquarium moored off Granite "Penguin Island"; reef fish - especially "Leafy Dragons"; whales (June to September) and Whale Centre; Clydesdale horse tram; Cockle Steam Train - Goolwa to Victor Harbor; cliff walks and spectacular views up to the Bluff
Information centre: 08 8552 5738
- Kangaroo Island - ferry journey, all-day excursion
- Galleries - the beauty of the Fleurieu Peninsula has inspired the greats of Australian art - Heysen, Black, Olsen etc all painted its scenes and there are numerous art galleries, potteries and items for sale.